New Friend


      A year ago when i was enjoying my holiday, my friend and i decided to play a game which is Counter Strike : Global Offensive or better known as CS:GO. My friend Farhan and i jump straight into a competitive matchmaking. Competitive matchmaking is a game mode in CS:GO where the game separates the player (which is 10 players,so it is 5v5) into 2 teams, Counter Terrorist Team and Terrorist Team. We can speak through our microphone to inform our teammates about any information we get to defeat the opposing team. You can queue alone or play with some friends if you have any. In my case, we only have 2 people queueing so the game adds 3 more random player to our team. By random, i mean, completely random. You can meet people (in game, of course) from your current region. So if you play in South East Asia region, you can meet people from another country aside from Indonesia like Singapore, Malaysia, Phillipine, etc. But if you are lucky, you can meet Indonesian player as  well.

       Back to our game. The game adds 3 more random player to our team and we proceed through the game normally. But that time, i accidentally speak with Banjar language to my friend Farhan. We normally speak English in the game because outsider can't understand our language. And then one of my teammates asks me.

"Hey, did you just speak Banjar?", 
"Yes" 
"I know Banjar too! Are you from kalimantan"
"Uh.... Yes..?"
"What city?"
"um... Palangkaraya"
"Great!! I am from Palangkaraya too! i never knew someone from Palangkaraya would play this game!"

       And that's how i get another friend through a game. His name is Rafi. Since the beginning of the game, i already knew that he is from Indonesia because of his accent when pronuncing english language, but i had no clue where he came from. We started to play together after that. I don't really understand why he is so happy to meet other player from the same city. I assume that he used to play the game alone with no friends (other than teammates in the game, which is from another country). 

Komentar